I think it's appropriate to thank those most important in life. For me, it's God, my wife, my family, and my friends. Without either of them, life would be diminished greatly and there would be less of purpose to live.
So what am I thankful for (in no particular order):
- Health-Thank you Lord for giving me my health. For 47 years, I'm glad I can still run, swing a golf club, only take a pill a day, and wake up every day to enjoy what life has in store for me.
- Knowledge-Thank you Lord for the gift of knowledge. I've been blessed with the revelation that learning and teaching are two of the greatest gifts one can experience.
- My beautiful wife-Lord, thank You bringing her into my life. Without her, I'd be less of a man that I am today. Continue to bless us and her with Your grace.
- My family-Blood is thicker than water and it's good to know I can count on them when the chips are down.
- My friends-you know who you are-another pillar of support providing counsel but more importantly an outlet to share thoughts and emotions. I need them and I hope they need me. As Barbara sings, "People who need people are the most wonderful people in the world."
It's these things that I give thanks for on this day of Thanksgiving.