About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States

Followers

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ode to a Dead Friend

It's been nearly three years since you passed through your earthly existence, and not a day goes by that I don't think of one of your smart ass comments or stories.  From the Mahaney bus stories to City Fights, to the legendary and classic "This is not a Feast" story.  Or the "Dees is Incredible" story in Africa.  Good times and good memories. Your ability to tell a story and see the humor in life was remarkable.

It was your death that made me think and take a hard look and decide that there's more to life.  Your life and your death scared the hell out of me because our lives were so different;  they were so similar in so many ways. You listened and you cared.  When I sought advice, you gave it to me straight even if it's not what I was hoping to hear.

I know that you're in a better place and for that, I am grateful.   Memories of you live on inside of me and others close to you.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment