About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States

Followers

Thursday, August 11, 2011

It's Friday, Friday, Got to get down on Friday

No, I'm not going to break out and sing Rebecca Black's viral hit.  But I am going to share with you a video I "starred" in.

http://youtu.be/jd67gzYAfv4

Yep, that's me.  Oh you missed it.  Well you were staring at that other bi-racial hottie Michelle Branch that you missed my music video debut.  Go to the 1:09 mark and the 2:24 mark.  That big silhouette of a head with slight bald spot highlighted be the those light bubbles is my big head.  Well so much for my short-lived video career but at least I got to meet Michelle and take a pic.  That's how I spent my morning on July 4th. I experienced something different this past 4th rather than prepping for an afternoon bbq.  Oh I still had that bbq, just a little later which leads me to my next point.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret that helps me get through life:  DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT once in a while.  It's that simple.
As we get older, it's so easy to slip into a routine.  You know the drill just like the Beatles song:
Woke up, fell out of bed
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
And looking up I noticed I was late....

We work all day.  Come home, have dinner.  Discuss the day, go to Costco.  Week in and week out, the same routine in essence. Weekends are packed with errands and on occasion, go to a movie or a museum or Disneyland. And then there's that vacation that perks us up and gives us something to look forward to then it's back do the same daily drudgery.

I find that stepping out of my comfort zone and truly doing something different makes me feel alive.  Doing this video without knowing what to expect was out of my norm. Going to a free concert by some 80's band like the English Beat is out of my norm.  Catching up with old high school friend you haven't seen since 1982 is out of the norm. Going to a UCLA football practice and talking with complete strangers who are also fans is out of my norm. But I loved every moment.

What I'm saying is: Dare to do something different, to satisfy a curiousity, to boldly go where you've never gone before. Push that boundary and maybe you'll find that life has a little or a lot more to offer.

Have a great weekend!!! Live, Love, and Laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment