About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States

Followers

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Open Mouth, Insert Foot

You know those commercials by Southwest when you just got to get away-the ones when the person does something really dumb and gets busted and embarrassed.  That happens to me more than I care to admit.  You see I have this tendency to try to be funny and sometimes (and probably more often than not) I'm not.  That's where the open mouth, insert foot comes to play.

It happened to me the other day and when i think about it, I get this icky feeling of guilt and shame like a little kid that messed up.  Gosh, at my age I would've thought I learned by now but it happens.  And the hard part is that I can say sorry and apologize but sometimes the damage is done.  I put it out there and there ain't no taking it back. 

I guess I should follow the adage, "If you can't say something good, don't say it all."  So any of you that I've offended in the past with my poor sense of humor.  I am sorry.  Let's move on and I pledge to be more thoughtful from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment